Join us for Yoga Hikes Sunday mornings at 10am from April 22, 2012 thru Oct 14, 2012 at Beaver Creek State Natural Area.
"People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and they pass themselves by without wondering." -St. Augustine
Yoga Hiking is about feeling our connection with nature. Taking timeout of our busy lives to slow down and experience the beauty of the
natural world. Breath in fresh air, walk among big trees, and listen
to birds singing. The hike will begin with some yoga postures to warm
up the body, then we will start the hike. During the hike, we will stop twice
for more yoga poses and we will finish the hike with a few cool down poses.
Period's of the hike will be done in silence to give everyone time to
be with nature on a personal level. All denominations of spirituality
are welcome. Don't consider yourself spiritual? Just looking for a
good hike, some yoga, and bird watching? Yoga hiking is for everyone!
Joyful Bliss supports individuality and listing to your own heart. We will treat Beaver Creek Natural area as a sacred place that we are blessed to visit.
Joyful Bliss Yoga makes front page of Oregon Coast Today.
Directions: Coming from Hwy 20 or Newport, drive south on Hwy 101 and take a left onto N. Beaver creek rd across the 101 from Ona Beach State Park. Drive about 1 mile and take a right onto S. Beaver creek rd. If you miss this turn you will end up at the Beaver creek visitors center. The hike does NOT leave from the visitors center. Drive another mile and park on the right side. Trail entrance is across the S. Beaver creek rd.
Coming from Hwy 34, Waldport, Yachats, or Florence drive North in Hwy 101 and take a right onto N. Beaver creek rd across the 101 from Ona Beach State Park. Drive about 1 mile and take a right onto S. Beaver creek rd. If you miss this turn you will end up at the Beaver creek visitors center. The hike does NOT leave from the visitors center. Drive another mile and park on the right side. Trail entrance is across the S. Beaver creek rd.
Arrive 10 minutes early so the hike can start on time! If you arrive, and the group has left, park and head up the trail. At the intersection proceed to the right up the hill and we will be practicing yoga asanas in the field to the left. If you don't see us keep hiking up.
Restroom: right after you turn onto N. Beaver Creek on your right is a Park Service outhouse. As well as across the 101 at Ona beach State Park. I recomend giving yourself an extra 5 mins to be able to stop at one of these restrooms before the hike.
Cancellations prior to 48 hours will be refunded with a $2 service charge. No refund will be offered for less then 48 hours. In case of bad weather Joyful Bliss Yoga may cancel a Yoga hike. In which case a 100% refund will be provided. Light misting rain does not constitute "bad weather". Joyful Bliss may also cancel if it has been raining for many days, even if it's not raining on the day of a hike. Hiking on trails that have seen many days of rain can damage the trail. If you are not going to make it please send me an email by 9am, other wise I will not get notice and the group will wait 10-15 mins for someone that never shows.
Who is welcome on Yoga Hikes?
- Adults 18-100 (Moderate hiking ability)
- All levels of yoga experience welcome
- Youth 11 and over (recommend some yoga experience previous)
What to wear and bring:
- Snack (if you for see needing to eat with in the Yoga hike duration or plan to take your dogs out before or after the yoga hike)
- If you bring food please be prepared to pack EVERY part of that food out with you. Including decompostable peels, shells ect.
- Small pack
- Comfortable walking shoes, and warm socks, hiking boots are good for wetter days, but may limit your ankle flexablity
- Layers of comfortable clothing *
- On really nice days, shorts and tank tops are ok, but layers are still recomended.
- Rain jacket*
- Long pants, or shorts*
- Hats, beanies
*(weather changes moment to moment on the coast, be prepared.)
What to avoid wearing:
- Just a cotton T-shirt *
- Clothes you don't want to get dirty.
- Don't forget water!
What not to bring:
Yoga mat. A mini mat will be provided. Feel free to bring old unwanted yoga mats to be cut up and used for future yoga hikes.
- Dogs (dogs are welcome at Beaver creek with a leash. Come early or stay after the yoga hike to enjoy the area with your 4 legged friends)
- Amie herself takes her two dogs for a hike before or after the Yoga Hike.
- Leave dogs at home on hot days!
- Egos! Similar to a Yoga class at your home gym/studio we all respect ourselves and others for where we are in our yoga and hiking practice for that day with no judgements.
- Valuables. Joyful Bliss, and the state park are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Bring only what you need to enjoy the yoga hike, and securely lock valuables in a safe place.